Our team has been providing DJ services with a focus on quality since 2010. With professional sound equipment & computer controlled LED lights, as well as many great add-ons, we are able to entertain hundreds of your guests with ease. We also have exciting open-air red carpet style photo booth options with that same emphasis on quality!
Andrew is the greatest DJ, he gets everyone involved and has fun with everyone and plays the best music...would highly recommend him as a DJ for all events...every event he’s been apart of has been
Andrew was a great DJ at our wedding in 2016! Very easy to work with and made the decision process super easy for us during our song selections! I would definitely recommend him for your next big event."
Andrew and his wife did an amazing job at our wedding and reception!! Due to the rain, our wedding ceremony had to be moved. They were both so happy to help make sure we had music, even though we only booked them for the reception!!! Thank you, for helping make our day so special!!"
Meet The Team
Andrew is the owner of and DJ for prayzHim Entertainment. He sums up what he does with this quote: "I get a front row seat to see love change lives. To use music as the heartbeat of the night and witness two families become one is a blessing beyond what I can describe."
Courtney has been with us since the beginning, even before she married our owner/DJ! Her eye for creativity is second to none and the list of things she handles for our company is far too great for this paragraph to handle!
Marsha is our bilingual DJ/MC who is fluent in Spanish & English. She also serves as one of our Photo Booth Specialists. Her perpetually optimistic personality and overall positivity makes her a perfect choice for prayzHim Entertainment.
Mitchell is our newest DJ/MC. He also serves as one of our Photo Booth Specialists. His understanding of the technical side of the business, paired with his love of a wide variety of music, makes him a valuable addition to our team.
Why Choose Us?
1. You will have our full and undivided attention during your event. This means our focus will be where it should be, on keeping the dance floor full and creating an atmosphere that encourages everyone to have a good time. Once that dance floor is open, we don't take breaks. Your money and time are valuable, and we act accordingly.
2. We only play clean edit music. Let's face it, not all music is created equal. Some songs aren't meant for a diverse group of people ranging from kids to your grandparents. We read the lyrics of every song before we decide whether or not to add them to our library. Why? Because content is important. If your guests feel uncomfortable during your event, they aren't likely to get up and dance.
We rely on a wide variety of music ranging from the 1940s to today's hits, covering just about every genre out there. If we let every song in our collection play thru, it would take over a year before we'd hear the same song twice (and we add more music every week). So while we may not have every song, we have every song we'll need to make your event successful.
3. prayzHim Entertainment donates 10% of every paid booking to charity. We also make it a habit of donating our time to local non-profit organizations, including Relay for Life of Henry County for the last 7 years, and partnering with Youth for Christ of Southeast Iowa. We feel it's critical to give back to the communities in which we operate. It's just the right thing to do.
4. We control our dance floor lighting. While we know this may seem like an obvious thing for a DJ to do, there are quite a few DJs that don't. What we mean by that is they may leave their lights set to "sound active mode" which is a built-in setting and each light fixture handles it differently. Picture you and your new spouse getting ready to have your first dance. The venue lowers the room lighting and the DJ turns up your song, but in the background you have lights randomly flashing red, green, or blue... Not exactly what you imagined when planning your wedding. Now picture the same first dance, except when the music turns up you are surrounded by a nice white light that we selected using our computer software. Your guests will appreciate that we've put the focus solely on your first dance. Your photographer will thank us because they won't have to take extra steps to edit out the random reds, greens, and blues this time around.
5. We don't charge for set-up or tear-down time. You are paying us for music entertainment, not to watch us rig our lights and speakers. We show up at least 3 hours early so that when your first guest arrives, they are walking into a room filled with music.
We love your logo, but do you only play "church" music? What type of music do you play?
We specialize in the "open" format of DJing, which simply means we can play pretty much any genre of music. The type of music we play at each event depends on the type of event, the crowd, and most importantly, the type of music you want us to play! Example: Want us to play a mix of 90's country, 80's rock, Cupid Shuffle style songs, and today's pop hits for the reception? You got it!
What types of events do you specialize in?
We specialize in weddings, corporate and social events. Some typical social events we do include, but are not limited to: birthday parties, Quinceañeras, school events, block parties, class reunions, and holiday parties. We have the music, the equipment, the team, and most importantly, the experience to perform for any type of event and any type of crowd.
Where are you based? Do you travel?
We are based in Mount Pleasant Iowa, but we will travel up to 2 hours with no extra fee. We are happy to make longer trips, but keep in mind that additional travel charges may apply.
How much do you charge?
It depends on several factors including the type of event and what type of package you need (how many hours, sound and lighting requirements, etc). If you are interested in receiving pricing information for your event, please contact us.
Do you have reviews and/or references?
Yes, we have plenty of reviews on our Facebook and Google Business pages as well as The Knot and WeddingWire websites. We also have plenty of references who are more than happy to share their experiences with you. If requested, we'd love to give you their contact information so you can reach out to some of our past satisfied clients to see what they have to say about us. Please just let us know if you'd like that information.
I spent a lot of time and money selecting my venue, photographer, etc. Do you coordinate with them?
Absolutely we do! At every event we are fortunate enough to be a part of, we work with the other professionals there to make sure everything goes smoothly. With photographers, for example, we know that our dance floor lighting can have a major impact on the quality of the pictures being taken. As a result we keep certain lights off during key moments like your first dance. You did all of the hard work of assembling your team of professionals, the least we can do, is coordinate with them.
Do you just DJ or do you MC too? Do you make announcements?
Yes to both! We believe that a significant, overlooked skill of a great DJ, is also being a great MC. We are very comfortable on the mic and have over a decade of experience as MCs as well. Our style is making well-timed announcements with appropriate humor and energy without being overbearing or cheesy. And if you feel your event would benefit from a second MC, just let us know. Our MC Marsha is fluent in Spanish & English and has the experience to keep the flow of your event going smoothly.
Do you lead wedding games, like the Shoe Game?
Believe it or not, your guests can get tired of dancing at times throughout the night, so adding in wedding games and other unique moments into your reception gives everyone a chance to rest a bit. We love leading wedding games and with the Shoe Game specifically, we have found that guests really enjoy getting to know and laugh with the newlyweds. We also like to sprinkle a few surprises into each reception to really energize the crowd when the dancing resumes.
Can we choose the music we want played? Do you take requests?
Yes. We are extremely flexible when it comes to music selection for each event. Some of our clients have chosen all of the music to be played at their event, while others simply sit back and let us decide what music will be best. At minimum, we just need to know some idea of what genres of music you want us to provide at your event. We are also always open to requests from your guests. After all, the goal is to make your guests happy as well. However, you can also ask that we do not take requests from your guests. Whatever you want from us, we can do. But the most important thing to remember is that we have enough experience to be able to read crowds and have an excellent judgment of what your guests will dance to and want to hear.
What if I only want Christian music played?
We can absolutely accommodate! We have an extensive un-matched Christian music library and certainly love playing those songs! Other DJs may offer a small selection of "mainstream" Christian artists, but our catalog includes hundreds of artists from all genres. Reach out to us to find out how we can make this happen!
Do you mix the music?
Yes! Most DJs essentially do the same thing - play music and entertain a crowd - but it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to reading the crowd and appropriate song selection, the fundamental skill of a great DJ is being able to transition smoothly from one song or genre to another. We do this in a variety of ways including beat-matching, crossfading, lively vocal introductions, and utilizing a good slow song to move from one music style to another.
Do you require a contract and deposit?
Yes, a signed contract along with a deposit is required to officially book us for any event. Both are due back to us within 7 days of when you receive your contract for review and signing. We keep your date reserved for you until the contract is returned. Our contract is designed to be very straightforward so you can understand the terms and feel a high level of trust prior to and during your event. Your remaining balance will be due 30 days before your event date.